Permaculture Made Simple: Basics of Sustainable Living provides the basics of permaculture, the study and practice of sustainable living. In this self-paced online course, students gain a basic understanding of sustainable principles and practices and learn how to create a sustainable landscape design for any size land.
In 28 white-board animated videos, you will receive over 3 hours of content, providing a general overview of each area of farming. This course provides the info you need, in a format you can understand, so you can do what you need to do, to live a lifestyle you want.
- Origins | Principles | Ethics
- Methodology | Strategies | Map
- Patterns in nature | Climate | Urban
- Earthworks | Paths | Natural building
- Water | Sanitation
- Soil | Microorganisms | Nursery
- Garden | Trees
- Aquaculture | Insects | Animals
- Kitchen | Food preservation
- Tools | Technology
- Farm sales | Economics
- Design presentations
Audio and Transcripts – Listen to the audio or read transcripts of the course.
Sign up for an in-person course and participate in the conversation about sustainable living strategies. In two weeks, you will learn about hundreds of sustainable living strategies and participate in a riveting group discussion on how you can apply strategies to your land.
Come to the course with a piece of land in mind or work with a group. By the end of the course, you will be introduced to many strategies of self-reliance and receive feedback from the group.
Here’s what a practical course looks like:
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn strategies to live off the land
- Apply strategies to a piece of land
- Create a comprehensive site analysis for any sized piece of land
- Participate in a multi-cultural discussion about sustainability and our world today
Is the Permaville Course a certified Permaculture Design Course?
This course includes all of the information required for a Permaculture Design Certificate. In-person permaculture design courses are highly recommended for group discussions and hands-on experience.
Do I need any previous experience or qualifications?
- It is helpful if you have a desire to learn and a project or piece of land to apply the strategies to,
- No experience is required
Can I listen to audio of the course or read transcripts of each chapter?
- Go here to read course transcripts and audio